Hearing God’s Word: Strategies to Develop Your Listening Skills of Preaching
March 4 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until March 18, 2020
Wednesdays, January 8 & 22, February 5 & 19 and March 4 & 18, 7-8:30pm
With Fr. Bill Edens, CSP
This six-week series is designed to help participants become more conscious and thoughtful while listening to preaching, helping them become more intentional disciples. Each week, participants will listen together to a recorded homily and reflect on how it moved them to an encounter with Christ. CFD: Evangelization ($10 donation per session requested.)
Goals of this course:
- To learn more about the dynamics of creating homilies.
- To listen to homilies with themes of Christmas, Ordinary Time and Lent
- To develop the craft of effective listening to homilies.
- To examine interpretations of Scripture passages.
- To become familiar with the five thresholds of discipleship (trust, curiosity, openness, seeking, intentional discipleship) as described in the book, Forming Intentional Disciple: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus, written by Sherry Weddell.
- To give preachers feedback on how their homily is helping participants on their journey to discipleship.
Give Now by Selecting Quick Give or pay at class.