The Catholic Information Center’s curriculum design flows from three main sources:
1. The Paulist mission toward evangelization reconciliation and ecumenism.
2. Go and Make Disciples (USCCB Plan for Evangelization) with special emphasis on the goals of deepening the conversion of the baptized, so that they are inspired and equipped to share their faith with others.
3. Our Hearts Were Burning Within Us (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Plan for Adult Faith Formation)—our class offerings are categorized according to this document’s:
Three Goals of Adult Faith Formation
1. Invite and Enable Ongoing Conversion to Jesus in Holiness of Life
2. Promote and Support Active Membership in the Christian Community
3. Call and Prepare Adults to Act as Disciples in Mission to the World
“Six Dimensions for Adult Faith Formation Content”
1. Knowledge of the Faith
2. Liturgical Life
3. Moral Formation
5. Communal Life
6. Missionary Spirit
Of course, we cannot offer topics from every dimension in every season. So
over a three year time span, we try to offer a balanced mixture of all topics.